Important vocabulary words
we are uploading daily date wise This topic is very important all comparative exams bank Clark,bank PO, SSC,SSC CGL and other exams so very useful this topic all students.
Vocabulary Words – 21.09.2016
1. DIVULGE(प्रकाशित करना) (VERB): To make known (something private or secret).
Synonyms: disclose, expose
Antonyms: conceal, hide
Example Sentence: Then bending again to Raoul, he whispered: “Above all things do not divulge your name.”
2. SIMPER(मुसकुराना) (VERB): smile coyly
Synonyms: sneer, smirk
Antonyms: frown, growl
Example Sentence: “I hope I see you well, Miss Florence,” she simpered.
3. CONVALESCENT(अच्छा हो जानेवाला)(ADJECTIVE): recovering from illness
Synonyms: ambulatory, healing
Antonym: regressing, sickly
Example Sentence: I treated him as a convalescent person, not as a sick man.
4. FATHOM(थाह लेना)(VERB): measure the depth (of feeling)
Synonyms: comprehend, penetrate
Antonyms: neglect, misinterpret
Example Sentence: It is hard to fathom the pain felt at the death of a child.
5. INARTICULATE (धीरे से बोलना)(ADJECTIVE): unable to express oneself clearly
Synonyms: incoherent, blurred
Antonyms: articulate, communicative
Example Sentence: He made an inarticulate speech and we are still wondering what did he say..
6. VENGEANCE(प्रतिशोध) (NOUN): revenge; punishment for a wrong
Synonyms: reprisal, requital
Antonym: forgiveness, pardon
Example Sentence: Yes, I would bear my sorrows, and become great, that in a day to be I might wreak vengeance on the king.
7. BESEECH(प्रार्थना करना) (VERB): beg earnestly S
ynonyms: implore, adjure
Antonyms: refuse, give
Example Sentence: She beseeched him to cut his drinking and smoking.
8. CHAFE(मसलना) (VERB): be angry Synonyms: irritate, abrade
Antonyms: aid, placate
Example Sentence: He chafed at having to take orders from someone else.
9. PUNY(नन्हा) (ADJECTIVE): small and weak
Synonyms: inconsequential, diminutive
Antonyms: giant, strong
Example sentence: His mother stood looking on, with a sad kind of a smile on her lips and in her eyes, to see the zealous and yet puny efforts of her little boy.
10. CONJECTURE (अनुमान)(NOUN) guess; speculation
Synonyms: guesswork, hunch
Antonyms: certainty, reality
Example Sentence: The commentators made various conjectures about the outcome of the next election.